Thursday, September 29, 2011

Welcome and yes I am still here

Welcome to all my new followers its great to have you aboard. Only 2 days left until I draw my candy, how exciting. Well I have been busy crafting but it hasn't been making cards. I have been busy basting a quilt to be stitched and I am trying to finish "A Boys Story" that I started a looooong time ago. I was managing a block a month then they had a hold up on fabric and I lost my mojo. Oh well I do have two cards that I would love to share. The first card is one that a lady at work asked me to make and here she is.
and here is a close up


I was also very excited yesterday to have my custom rubber stamp arrive from Whimsy Stamps. I love ordering from these guys, always excellent service, well here is my stamp.
I have also made a card for the Magnolia-Licious Challenge Blog. We don't celebrate Halloween in Australia but I have loved this Tilda image for such a long time and managed to pick her up when someone was selling off their unused Tildas. I also love the colours that I have used, purple, orange, green and black. They look AMAZING together, well I think so take a look what do you think?
Here are the Copics I used
Here is a close up of Tilda. I cut out the cobwebs from the DP and stuck them around Tilda. I then covered the card in Smooch and Glossy accents. The green paper was punched with SU scallop punch and the ribbon was perfect with the cobwebs. I also wanted to share a photo of my boys from the Kaiser Craft kids carnival day last weekend. I am lucky enough to live near a Kaiser Craft outlet and the carnival day last week was lots of fun. I got to shop and never got harassed once about when we were going to leave which usually happens with the two boys and this is why, yes the boys got to play with the reptiles!!! Snakes, crocodiles, lizards, frogs a dream day out for all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Awe beautiful challenge card. Great coloring and design. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, both cards are gorgeous. And you're using two of my favorites Tilda's! Beautifully coloured. Love the clean look of your cards. You sure have some beautiful DP's. Terrific job on both cards.
    Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    As for the snake...euwww...I'd be running a mile a minute away from them...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty and sweet card. Love the sweet DP. Thank you so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete