Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Anything but a card

Yay, I have finally got a project finished in time for a challenge deadline. I have been flat out since returning to work, Easter holidays were spent on a wonderful family holiday and I have been trying to finish a quilt for the impending birth of our friend's first child. Hence card making has taken a back seat. I have still been colouring and stamping but actually haven't put anything together. Anyway we visited Kaiser Craft the other day and the boys spied door hangers the wanted to make. As they were making them I decided that I wanted to make a door hanger too. I am entering this into the MDUC which is anything but a card. Well here she is I have used Cooking Tilda and coloured her in with my Copic Markers.


For the template I just cut a strip of card stock 5" wide and cut a circle in the top. The background paper fitted this stamp perfectly and I just loved the colours, so retro. The cherry paper and the script are from Kaiser Craft and are part of the Nana's Favourites. The script is actually a hand written recipe that looks very similar to my own Nana's writing. The whisks are actually on the back of where Kaiser has put the name of the collection so I hope I have got it right. I should have written it down before I stuck it. The cherry paper is also part of this collection. I used the cherry paper to try and tie it into the concept of Tilda making Strawberry Jam. I still haven't decided what to put on the board. I was thinking either 'Welcome to my kitchen' or 'Sam's Kitchen' what do you think?

Here it is!


Can you see that I first put Stickles on the jar and then when this dried I added Crystal Effects over the top so that it looked like a jar filled with delicious home made strawberry jam. I also added blue Stickles to the bottom of Tilda's dress and the ribbon was from my stash. I am going to try really hard not to wait so long until my next post. It has been so long I forgot how to add my watermark to my photos!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging Sam!! I have missed you!! Your door hangar is awesome!! Love your colouring and of course you know I love that Tilda!! Looking forward to seeing your next creation soon!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous one of my fave tilda's and fab colouring thanks so much for joining us at MDUC this week
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty!! I just love seeing this image used and the coloring of her dress. WOW!! Thanks for adding your project to MDUC challenge this week. Hope to see you back! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete