Sunday, July 17, 2011

Magnolia-licious Challenge #9

I am on a roll!! Yesterday I made three yes three cards. It helps that when I get together with my craft friends I just colour that way I have lots of images I just have to think of the construction. I would also like to welcome my two new followers Veronica, whom I met when doing a Copic class and Perla whose blog I was lucky enough to discover, she is creating some fantastic Magnolia cards too.
I coloured in this Tilda while I stayed at my dear friend Alethea's house. I knew exactly what colours I wanted to try and then here comes the challenge from Magnolia-licious a photo chosen by Linda

so here is my take on this inspiration.
I have coloured Tilda with the following Copic markers
Pants- B95, B97, B99
Shirt- C1, R37, R39
Hat- R35, R37 , R39
Hair- E25, E27, E57
Skin- E00, E50, R20
Rope- E31, E43
Wood-E35, E57
Shoes- W3, W5

I used white and red cardstock and the navy paper is from Kaiser. I cut the lifebuoy out using my Cricut and then embellished with white stars that I covered with glossy accents and silver cord to look like rope. The bunting was made from a DP (sorry in the stash) and I drew the dots on the outside to create another border.
I am also entering this card over at Bizzy Bec's as she is having a borders-frames challenge for this month
Here is a close up of Tilda

6 comments:

  1. This looks awesome Sam!! Love what you have done with the lifebouy and that banner is perfect!! OOHH I'm so jealous of your colouring!! :) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sam, what an amazing card. Your attention to detail is fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Bizzy Becs.
    Hugs jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this red, white and blue card! Awesome creation and I am now following you also. Good to see that you quilt also. I do too but not much time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Tilda card is too cute. Thank you so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge :-)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam! Your Tilda is so cute! I want to take her home with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the nautical theme of this card! There's a lot of detail and work involved and it shows.
    Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs.
    Marilyn S

    ReplyDelete